Private charters for your next celebration or event
MV Whalesong is a spacious, luxurious and fully licensed venue - perfect for your next private charter, event or party.
Weddings, anniversaries, engagements, birthdays, team building, scattering of the ashes, mother shipping and more...
Whalesong is surveyed for 100 people but comfortably caters for up to 80 people. With plenty of indoor and outdoor (covered) seating options, there's enough space for everyone to relax and enjoy the experience on your next private charter, party or event.
Full catering from an extensive selection of delicious canapes to an informal BBQ or buffet with hot and cold dishes, is offered onboard. The menus are varied and comprehensive and generally cater for all tastes. If you or your guests have any special food or alcohol requirements, these can be catered for, with at least 48 hours notice. As we have a full galley (that's 'kitchen' for those of you wondering) onboard, we can even bring in a gourmet chef for your occasion. The options are almost limitless. Whichever catering you choose, the team at Whalesong will ensure you and your guests are well looked after so everyone can relax and enjoy the experience.
You're welcome to charter the boat for any of our publicly listed cruises, Whale Watching, Fraser Island Beach + BBQ or a Sunset Cruise. Or, you can decide on a unique adventure specifically designed for your group. Fully equipped with kayaks, snorkelling gear, fishing gear, beach activities, your charter can be as active, or in-active, as you'd like. We could land you on K'gari (Fraser Island), Pelican Bank or even land on one of the small islands down the Great Sandy Straits. We could simply cruise and enjoy the views from the boat.
As you can see, whether it's a birthday, celebration or getting together with friends, Whalesong Cruises is an excellent fully licensed venue and can cater to almost any event. With prices starting from as low as $55/person (including food) on a three hour cruise, your charter is an affordable option...especially given that you have the entire boat to yourselves!
A unique and wonderfully memorable venue for your wedding, hens or bucks night.
Your wedding is one of the biggest moments in your life. It's an event you want to be picture perfect and a memorable experience that everyone will enjoy.
Whalesong provides comfort and plenty of space for you and your guests to enjoy your special celebration! You can have your wedding on the boat or we can take you to the stunning Pelican Bank (or even, K'gari/Fraser Island if there are less than 40 of you), for your truly one-of-a-kind and intimate ceremony. No need to head to Bali or the Pacific Islands; we have our own island paradise here.
Please contact us to discuss what you're dreaming of, and we'll design a special package just for you...there's nothing 'off the shelf' here.
"Sandy toes and salty kisses, join us as we become Mr and Mrs."
Select your destination so you can honour & pay respect to your loved one
"Thank you today for taking our family out as we said goodbye to our beautiful Aunt, Mother, sister and friend. You were all so beautiful and compassionate. The food was great and Lexie was an amazing hostess too. From my family to yours, thank you". Shelly, Hervey Bay - March 2020
Whether it's a love for the ocean, the destination, or nautical background. An ashes scattering can be a peaceful way to return to nature.
Whalesong will leave and arrive at a selected destination(s) so you can honour and pay respect to your loved one with an ash scattering service at sea. The engines will be turned off (location permitting) to allow the vessel to float in peace. If you have any speeches or favourite songs to be played, we can play them during the ceremony through our speaker system - microphones are also available for use, so everyone can hear what the speaker is saying.
Our friendly, empathetic and discreet crew will take care of everything so you can spend time with your loved ones, reflecting on the day and spending quality time together. Commemorating life with the stunning backdrop of Hervey Bay, the iconic Urangan Pier, Round Island, Big Woody Island and K'gari (Fraser Island), is certainly a send-off that'll bring back such beautiful memories.
Whalesong makes the perfect mothership for your exclusive charter needs!
With world heritage listed K'gari (Fraser Island) and the Great Sandy Straights marine park as our backyard, we're happy to show it off to you. The pristine waters, natural and unspoilt beaches, abundant wildlife and fantastic fishing is a dream come true for outdoor lovers. Whalesong makes the perfect mothership for your exclusive charter needs!
Previous special charters include:
- Two weeks cruising the Capricorn Bunker group chartered by the Oceania Project researching the Humpback Whales on their northern migration.
- Mothership, start and finish line boat for the committee on the annual Bay to Bay yacht race since 2015. Sleeping up to 15 people and providing a hearty breakfast and dinner for up to 30 people.
- An overnight fishing vessel for small numbers. (Up to 10 people)
- Two to seven day charters exploring Fraser Island and the Great Sandy Straits.
MV Whalesong facilities include:
- Sleeping arrangements for up to six people and two crew. Sleeping is in main saloon area using the well-cushioned seats with the backrest taken away. Room for additional 10-12 people sleeping on swags on the decks.
- 2 x large domestic toilets, 1 x hot, freshwater shower
- 750 litre fresh water and 1500 litre holding tanks for sullage
- Fully functional 240-volt galley, 2 x commercial fridges and 1 x freezer, 240 volt urn and 2 x convection ovens/microwaves as well as large stainless steel BBQ.
- Purified, chilled, filtered water available 24-7.
- 2 x 6-metre hard bottom inflatable dinghy and 15hp outboard.
- 3 x single ocean going kayaks and 1 x double kayak.
- 2 x LCD TV with USB connections
- Surround sound stereo with speakers throughout the boat.
- 12 and 240-volt power throughout the vessel.
- Wheelchair access to the main saloon, lower deck and toilet.
Contact us to find out more
Whalesong Cruises - Hervey Bay, Queensland's premium mid-sized, modern, environmentally friendly and multi-functional boat, providing unforgettable boat tour experiences all year round.