Half-day Humpback Whale Search and Dolphin Watch in Hervey Bay.
Guaranteed wildlife - June 27th to July 17th, 2020.
Prior to Guaranteed Humpback Whale Watching season (from July 18th to mid-October) in Hervey bay, Whalesong gets you out on the water to be some of the first people of the season, to find them on our whale search and dolphin watch.
Whalesong is the only boat that offers a pre-season whale search cruise. Perfect for keeping the kids entertained in the school holidays (they usually enjoy the dolphins more than the whales anyhow, ha ha!). We get you out on the Bay and searching for the whales in the morning, so you're still back in time to be able to make use of your afternoon. As you will enjoy a fresh buffet lunch whilst cruising back to the marina, all you need to do is step off the boat and carry on with your day.
Enjoy 5 glorious hours on the pristine waters between K'gari (Fraser Island) and Hervey Bay searching for the majestic Humpback Whale, on the new and modern environmentally friendly MV Whalesong. The Humpback Whales don't use a calender so let Whalesong Cruises provide you with the chance to be some of the first guests on the Fraser Coast to see these beautiful creatures. Wildlife guaranteed. As well as our resident bottlenose dolphins, you can also see marine animals as sting rays, eagle rays, turtles, fish, bird life and occasionally the endangered Dugong (sea cow). Whilst we’ll also be looking for the Humpback Whales, Whalesong doesn't offer guaranteed sightings until July 18th, 2020 onwards.
- Local knowledge and expert fauna commentary with an emphasis on whales
- Multilingual crew to give direct translation in French, German, Spanish and Italian - if preferred
- Multi level viewing throughout the entire vessel
- Hydrophone to listen to the whales 'sing'
- Free WiFi onboard
- Low passenger numbers (only carry max. 60% of actual capacity)
- Extra wide decks provide many excellent viewing and comfortable seating options
- Complimentary filtered water, loose leaf tea, herbal tea, coffee and milo available all cruise
- Delicious morning tea AND buffet lunch. Special dietary requirements catered for on request and with reasonable notice.
- Fully licensed and well stocked bar
- Snacks, souvenirs and merchandise available for purchase
- Kids activity sheets
- Wheelchair ramps and accessible toilet
- Courtesy bus pick up in Hervey Bay
Whale Search Hervey Bay: 5 hours, 8am - 1pm: Morning tea and Buffet lunch included
Beautiful day in Hervey Bay. Lucky enough to see 2 young whales pre-whale season and half a dozen dolphins. Extremely engaging and friendly crew - great with our kids. Captain was very informative about whale history and breeding habits...Great food - morning tea and lunch. Kids were stoked they got free milo. Would recommend to all. Tiffany E, Brisbane, Australia - July 2019.
In addition to an incredible experience observing a variety of wildlife in their natural environment, you'll enjoy a real time commentary about them all (humpback whales, dolphins, dugongs, sharks, turtles and bird life) as well as some local history of K'gari (Fraser Island) and the traditional land owners, the Butchulla people. Moreover, with our multilingual crew, this live commentary can all be translated directly to you in French, German, Italian or Spanish. Above all, the entire Whalesong team is dedicated to exceptional customer service, so all you need to do is relax and enjoy.
You'll be pleased you chose Whalesong for whale searching in Hervey Bay. With our commitment to the environment and sustainable practices, you can feel comfortable knowing your experience is not at the expense of the environment these incredible creatures live in.
Whalesong Cruises - Hervey Bay, Queensland's premium mid-sized, modern, environmentally friendly and multi-functional boat, providing unforgettable boat tour experiences all year round.