Fraser Island Beach + BBQ Cruise
Half-day trip to Fraser Island from Hervey Bay.
November - May: Whalesong's Beach + BBQ Cruise is the perfect way to enjoy half a day on Fraser Island.
Update: May 13th, 2021 - These cruises have now finished for the Summer. The boat is out of the water for a refit, after an incredible 20/21 Summer of Fun. Thanks to everyone who chose to cruise with us over this time. We look forward to having you back on this cruise from late-October, ready to commence our 21/22 Summer of Fun. If you can't wait to come back with us, we're running our Hervey Bay Sunset Cruise for a limited time from late-June to mid-July, before commencing our incredible 2021 Whale Watching experiences. See you soon!
Your taste of the remote West Coast of Fraser Island for a half day of kayaking, swimming, snorkelling, fishing, exploring, relaxing, enjoying and making lifetime memories. Half a day on your terms.
My partner and I had a wonderful day on the BBQ tour to Fraser Island yesterday! The crew were efficient, polite, friendly and highly professional. The activities were so much fun: kayaking, riding the donut and just swimming in the clear, clean, warm water. Chillin’ on the soft white sand then enjoying a generous amount of food served by the crew just made the day perfection. Added to that perfect weather, not too hot and sunny all day. Life doesn’t get any better. We’ll be back Whalesong!! This trip was just as enjoyable as the whale watching tour we did with you last year! Thank you 😀. Elizabeth M. April 14th, 2021
As we depart the marina and head for our secluded beach to explore, we look for our resident dolphins, turtles, dugongs and seabirds. In addition, we enjoy a delicious morning tea of fresh fruit and a selection of cakes, served to you on deck by our friendly, experienced and COVID-19 safety trained Whalesong crew. Of course, you're welcome to a cup of tea, coffee, milo or fresh water at any stage throughout the cruise.
We then drop anchor and you can swim, kayak, fish, walk, partake in beach activities, take tube rides and explore a stunning and secluded remote West Coast Fraser Island Beach (specific destination determined by weather and tide).
After our relaxing time on the beach, we come back to the boat and enjoy a hearty, freshly prepared and cooked Aussie BBQ lunch, which can be accompanied by a cold drink from our fully licensed bar.
We look after everything for you, so all you need to do is board the boat and enjoy the experience...
- Commentary on marine life, K'gari, some local Aboriginal (Butchulla) history
- 2 hours of free time on the beach
- ALL equipment provided: kayaks, snorkelling gear, fishing gear (lures, bait etc...), beach activities (beach cricket, frisbees, balls, sandcastle building equipment), rides on inflatable tube
- Dive skins available (if desired)
- Morning tea - fresh fruit platter and selection of cakes
- Aussie BBQ lunch - Steak, sausages, Hervey Bay King prawns, three fresh salads and fresh bread (Special dietary requirements catered for on request and with reasonable notice).
- Free WiFi onboard
- Low passenger numbers (only carry max. 45 guests - actual boat capacity is 100)
- Extra wide decks provide many excellent viewing and comfortable seating options
- Complimentary filtered water, loose leaf tea, herbal tea, coffee and milo available all cruise
- Fully licensed and well stocked bar
- Snacks, souvenirs and merchandise available for purchase
- Kids activity sheets
- Wheelchair ramps and accessible toilet
- Courtesy bus service from Hervey Bay accommodations
A bit about K'gari (Fraser Island):
K'gari means 'paradise' in the native Butchulla language. Of course, once you step on the island, you'll find out why.
The Island also boasts a number of different accolades:
- UNESCO World Heritage-listed; World's largest sand island; One of the few places in the world where rainforest grows out of the sand; Some of the purest dingoes in Australia reside here; Some of the purest white, silica sand in the world; Abundance of freshwater lakes and creeks
There are many ways to see the Island. You can take your own 4WD to explore the many beauty spots the Island boasts, jump on a 4WD tour for 1 or 2 days, OR cruise across with us to the remote West Coast to a place where few have visited, on our Fraser Island Beach + BBQ cruise. Whatever you'd like to do, we're happy to help you make your next adventure on K'gari a memorable one. Whalesong Cruises offers the only half-day trip to Fraser Island.
Also, if you happen to be in Hervey Bay or visiting Fraser Island between mid-July and late October, make sure you jump on board with us to see the majestic giants of the sea, the Humpback Whale...the best value whale watching experience Hervey Bay has to offer. You can also sneak in a day trip to K'gari on one of the 4wd day tours. Check out our packages.
Please contact us with any questions you may have. We're happy to help!
Whalesong Cruises - Hervey Bay, Queensland's premium mid-sized, modern, environmentally friendly and multi-functional boat, providing unforgettable boat tour experiences all year round.