Hervey Bay, Fraser Island and more...
Galangoor to our backyard....stunning Hervey Bay.
Surrounded by long, white sandy beaches courtesy of the Great Sandy Straits Marine Park and with easy access to the UNESCO World Heritage-listed K'gari (Fraser Island), it's no wonder Hervey Bay is a place for everyone.
Galangoor to Hervey Bay
Sitting beside World Heritage Listed K'gari (Fraser Island), there's more to Hervey Bay than meets the eye. This is one of Queensland's most popular natural holiday destinations....and here's why:
- excellent weather year-round (Summer - average high 30 deg, average low 22 deg; Winter - average high 22 deg, average low 10 deg)
- calm, safe beaches great for all ages
- excellent accommodation options to suit your needs and budget, from high end luxury at www.aquaaqua.com.au to caravan parks/backpackers hostels like www.woolshedbackpackers.com.au and everything in between like www.akamaresort.com.au.
- cosmopolitan environment with plenty of excellent dining opportunities including:
- The Vinyard - www.thevinyard.com.au
- Coast - www.coastherveybay.com.au
- wonderful cafes dotted in and around the scenic 'Esplanade', including:
- Cafe Balaena - www.cafebalaena.com.au
- The Front Room - www.thefrontroom.com.au
- Minimalist coffee roasters - www.minimalistcoffeeroasters.com (pictured below)
- Enzo's - www.enzosonthebeach.com.au
But wait, there's more...
If that’s not enough we are often referred to as the Humpback Whale Watch capital of the world. We often have up to 3,000 whales stop off to rest up on their journey north back to Antarctica – and these gentle giants are increasing in number every year by up to 13%. We think this is great!
Did you know, Hervey Bay was named as the FIRST Whale Heritage Site in the WORLD!?
On October 7th-11th 2019, Hervey Bay hosted delegates from all around the World for the World Whale Conference. Some of the world's leading Marine conservationists, researchers, academics and cetacean lovers spoke and presented research findings at the conference. It was a varied and exciting program that had something for everyone who attended. The most anticipated announcement was that of the First Whale heritage Site in the world. Two sites were named and Hervey Bay was the first to be named. Click here to see exactly what it means to be a Whale Heritage Site. It's kind of a big deal, and we're so proud of the accolade!
When you arrive at Hervey Bay it's clear to see that this vibrant town offers so much to see and do. With Whale Watching, amongst other tours, in the Winter months and plenty of beaches and sun for the summer, there is always something for everyone. So what are you waiting for? See for yourself and experience the uniqueness of Hervey Bay!
Whalesong Cruises - Hervey Bay, Queensland's premium mid-sized, modern, environmentally friendly and multi-functional boat, providing unforgettable boat tour experiences all year round.