Best Whale Watching Experience in Australia
Half-day Humpback Whale Watching in Hervey Bay.
Guaranteed sightings - July 18th, 2020 to October 31st, 2020.
Whale watching in Hervey Bay will leave you with cherished memories to last a lifetime.
In addition to an incredible experience observing humpback whales in their natural environment, you'll enjoy a real time commentary about all local marine mammals (humpback whales, dolphins, dugongs, sharks, turtles and bird life) as well as some local history of K'gari (Fraser Island) and the traditional land owners, the Butchulla people. Moreover, with our multilingual crew, this live commentary can all be translated directly to you in French, German, Italian or Spanish. Above all, the entire Whalesong team is dedicated to exceptional customer service, so all you need to do is relax and enjoy.
Choose between our Extended Morning (5 hour cruise) or our Afternoon + Sunset (4 hour cruise). In addition, there's no need to worry about what to eat; Whalesong Cruises is the only half day Whale Watch boat tour in Hervey Bay to include meals.
*** This is a guaranteed whale watch tour - if you don't see whales, you'll receive a free return trip with Whalesong Cruises until you do. ***
- Local knowledge and expert fauna commentary with an emphasis on whales
- Multilingual crew to give direct translation in French, German, Spanish and Italian - if preferred
- Multi level viewing throughout the entire vessel
- Hydrophone to listen to the whales 'sing'
- Free WiFi onboard
- Low passenger numbers (only carry max. 60% of actual capacity)
- Extra wide decks provide many excellent viewing and comfortable seating options
- Complimentary filtered water, loose leaf tea, herbal tea, coffee and milo available all cruise
- Delicious morning tea AND buffet lunch on morning cruise; afternoon tea AND buffet dinner on afternoon cruise. Special dietary requirements catered for on request and with reasonable notice.
- Fully licensed and well stocked bar
- Snacks, souvenirs and merchandise available for purchase
- Kids activity sheets
- Wheelchair ramps and accessible toilet
- Courtesy bus pick up in Hervey Bay
Extended Morning Whale Watch: 5 hours, 8am - 1pm: Morning tea and Buffet lunch included
"Wow...So happy with the passionate crew. The boat was very comfortable and lunch while watching the whales was lovely. The captain continued tour longer for us to view the whales. Recommend Whalesong." SylviaG971, October 2019
We will get you out on the Bay and interacting with the whales before the other boats, but still back in time to be able to make use of your afternoon. Of all the morning cruises, Whalesong's spends the longest on the whales. In addition, enjoy a fresh buffet lunch whilst cruising back to the marina.
Afternoon + Sunset Whale Watch: 4 hours +, 2pm - 6pm-ish: Afternoon tea and Buffet dinner included
"The Whalesong crew were five star. The boat was fantastic the food was delicious the whales were fantasmagorical and the sunset on the return to port journey mesmorising. This was a magical 4 hr cruising experience. Every aspect was so much more than expected. The genuine and friendly service of the captain and crew were outstanding. Such a lovely adventure on the high seas etched in our memory forever. Thank you." Livingthedream, September 2019
Our Afternoon Cruise is great if you want to optimize your time in Hervey Bay as it enables you to fit in a whale watch cruise on the same day you arrive as we're the last full-service boat (in other words, includes food and courtesy hotel transfers) to leave in the afternoon. During the cruise back to the marina, we enjoy a buffet dinner whilst taking in a stunning sunset Hervey Bay is known for.
Whichever cruise you choose, you'll be pleased you chose Whalesong for your whale watching in Hervey Bay. With our commitment to the environment and sustainable practices, you can feel comfortable knowing your experience is not at the expense of the environment these incredible creatures live in.
Whalesong Cruises - Hervey Bay, Queensland's premium mid-sized, modern, environmentally friendly and multi-functional boat, providing unforgettable boat tour experiences all year round.